Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Three Feathers - { graphite on creme paper }


One of my favorites from a sketchbook now filled and gathering dust on the book case. I like to take a little time now and then to scan in some scribblings and throw them into photoshop. Now I share them with you.

A note this piece: There is a place where the work that I have done with art mediums begins to cross over into some of my more "ritual" practices. Within the past couple of years specifically I have been trying to distinctly delineate between my graphic design and my ritual art. Working to design sygils, crafting symbols and giving a face to some of these parts of my practice has been an incredible experience for me.
This piece was an example of some of the work I was doing in trying to find the balance between what I do purely to be aesthetically pleasing and the work I do to induce some type of "shift".

I'll be putting up more of my work along these lines as time permits.

Enjoy.

1 comment: